Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Hair Journey: Going Natural

From the moment my man and I decided to have a baby I stopped relaxing my hair. I figured that I would weave it throughout us trying to get pregnant and my pregnancy. Now that the baby is born I was planning to stick to that plan (too lazy to look for other options) until I saw this picture of Naomi Campbell. From what I can see, she might be suffering of a hair condition called Traction Alopecia. It is the loss of hair on the head due to hair-styling routines such as tight ponytails, braids, weaves, relaxer,...  

I have been bless with a big forehead (I've made my peace with that fact) and a receding hair line is not an option I want to explore.  Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with weaving your hair once in a while but you must take care of your own hair. Which I was neglecting to do. Protective hair styles such as weaves are only good if you do them right and in moderation. 

So I decided to keep my hair at it's natural state and explore new protective hairstyles that I haven't considered before. I am going to start by cutting my damaged ends. I am also going to try a crochet braid protective hair style. The goal here is to protect my hair and promote healthy growth so that I can rock it in its natural state eventually. 

Love this look
Solange Knowles looking gorgeous and my ultimate Hair Journey goal
Stay tune for my next Hair Journey post. I will be rocking for the first time a crochet braids protective hair style inspired by this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment